Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Provo Life

After a request from Katt I decided that it was time to post on my blog again but I would like to point out that everyone else has been slacking a little in these parts recently (except Dawn)

I just got done moving into a new place in Provo. It has the reputation for tools and rich girls but it's where i feel like I should be and I know what happens when i don't listen. So here I am and I actually like it here quite a bit. Everyone here is really nice and while church seems a little bit like a fashion show for some girls, it really is genuinely a super social, great ward. I really like it so far. And Tyra and Randi, my new roommates are awesome. We try and do a lot of things together.

When moving the thought always crosses my mind that I can become whoever I want to be with the new place. Last apt that I moved into I got the reputation of having a lot of guys so I made it a point to just be friends with everyone here and change some of my mannerisms. I know that my personality is a little flirty so I wasn't trying to change that but the touching or the spending time with one guy or the looks or whatever else I could consciencely change I have been trying to. And I think that I was doing a pretty good job of it. But there was a guy. A gorgeous guy. That was giving me a lot of attention. Well we ended up kissing yesterday and now I am confused. Another girl told me today that he is all over everyone. Figures. I am never good enough here.

Well that is Provo life. Don't move here if you ever want to be the best at anything because you will fail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IS LOVE ETERNAL? If it is, why does the phrase "out of love" exist? If one can fall in and out of love, can one make a concerted effort to do either? Is it easier to fall in, or fall out of love? Is it as easy as climbing up and down a ladder or difficult like hiking in and out of a canyon? Is love an emotion or an action? An illness? Are we maybe calling what we perceive as "love" as the wrong thing? The Greeks had many words for what we know as "love". It carries with it many meanings. No wonder we get so confused at the intentions of others! Wouldn't it be nice to hear, "I'm infatuated with your (pick one: mind/ body/ personality/ spirit) instead of a vague "I love you", which could also mean "I'm sexually attracted to you" or, I care for you like a (pick one: parent/ child/ brother/ sister/ friend). We could be lying about loving somebody all along and never even know it.