Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2 My First Love

He was the first guy that wanted to start out as friends... That really meant a lot to me.

We met the summer before my Senior year of High School. We worked together at the mall. We hung out once outside of work that summer and I had a lot of fun with him. We were good friends since he was going on his mission in a couple of months.

Fast forward 2 months. We have not talked at all during that time and we randomly start to text a month before he leaves. We text a lot, and talk for hours on the phone at night. He sent me a text "I fell for you with the shoe story" (i inherited a small portion of my dads story telling abilities and one night when he and i were closing i was telling him a made up story about some shoes). That was the first time I knew that he had any kind of feelings for me. And it just blossomed for both of us from there.

We went on our first date in October 2007. He took me to Jesters and then we went to a park afterwards to just hang out. We held hands for the first time, and also shared our first kiss. He was so nervous, but it was magical. That was the first time that a kiss had made my heart stop.

While I was in New York on a school trip, we were talking one night until 4 am. It was a wonderful conversation, so much laughing was involved (i fell off the bed laughing in my hotel room) We started talking about love, which eventually led to him boldly asking, "Are you falling in love with me?" I was silent for a long time because I knew at that moment that I was. My mouth finally figured out how to form the words, "Yes, I'm falling in love with you." Thinking back I can still hear him say, "Cristal, I am falling in love with you too."

We spent the last couple weeks he was home with each other. And when he finally left to serve the Lord for 2 years I was sad but I was so proud of him. Even though him and I only had a short relationship, he had changed me a lot for the better. He had seen the good inside of me and had brought that out. He was an amazing young man and sometimes I miss him, but we went our separate ways and it was for the best.

"If I was blind I could live off your laughter; it would be all the color that I would need" -NH

2 comments:

Rachael Papes said...

That story made my eyes tear up. How wonderful to not have a love story tainted with maddness.

Emilee said...

That was beautiful writing. I miss you big sister.