Tuesday, March 1, 2011

3. My Parents.

My parents.
They are fabulous.


This is my Mom and Dad. They are a good looking couple. Hard to believe they are 50 right? But what to say about that...

My parents met in 3rd grade and from then on it was love... Okay not really. My dad was moved to a seat next to my mom because he kept talking to his friends. The story goes that my dad did not notice my mom until they were in high school. My mom says that my dad was popular with the girls. (I wish I had a picture of them when they were younger. lol) I'm not really sure how they started dating only that some girl was mad at my dad and told my mom that she could have him. I guess she took the girl seriously and they were married right after high school.

My dad was not a member of the LDS church at that point and he did not join until a few years later when my mom put her little black bikini away. They were then sealed for eternity in the Temple. They went on to have 9 beautiful children and are currently working on building their family with grandchildren.

If you ask my dad when their first kiss was he will say Tuesday. Ask him when he first went on a date with mom he'll say tuesday. If you ask him when he knew that he loved her he'll say Tuesday. Tuesdays are a special day for my father.


MY DAD


He is one amazing fella.
He is such a wonderful example of service and faith.
He LOVES nascar. (we used to do a fantasy nascar every sunday)
he loves to go camping and show off all his awesome skills with a dutch oven. and let me tell you, he is good with that dutchoven.
He loves facebook and new technology. it's funny to watch him text or play games on his itouch.
he is amazing with cars. Actually he is amazing with anything. He's mr. fix it.
Is one of the most creative men that i know. He comes up with the most ridiculous stories and songs. I love that about him.
He loves to ride his 3-wheeler in the dunes.
Has a Ham radio and uses it alot.
He is a really good cook.
Has been getting thoughout the years at saying I love you to the kids. But really even though he doesn't always say it I know that he loves me because he lets me hold his hand and sit on his lap, even though I am 21 years old. He calls me on my birthday and sings me happy birthday. And he is always there for me when I need him.

MY MOM

She is such a wonderful example of service. She doesn't only serve her family but everyone else that seems to need help.
She loves geneology. (there she goes with the serving thing)
She is someone that I can go to for advice about boys.
She is a talentes seamstress.
She is super good at scrapbooking.
Her favorite ice cream is butter peacan
She loves to drive. and I mean she LOVES to drive.
She like to sit in the car outside the house during lightning storms
She had 5 of her children at home.
Loves rootbeer.
Has the most beautiful eyes and was super selfish for not sharing them with any of her children.
Is a great grandma.
She is allergic to metal but just got her ears pierced last year with my youngest sister.

I love my parents with all my heart and am super grateful that I am sealed to them for time and all eternity. They are a wonderful example of a loving relationship. They find new things to get into (like ham radio) to always have new things to talk to. They are fantastic parents and have taught their children how to be a hard worker and to serve those around you. As I have become old I have learned to come to them for advice. They know what's up yo :)I love them.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

What a wonderful tribute, Cristal!

mikestribe said...

Cindy wasn't mad at him, just ready to move on. She asked me if I liked him in 9th grade and then said I could have him. I gave a talk last Sunday and as I was introducing us I told them that I saw her at a class reunion. She was happily single with a house full of cats. Here I am happily married 32 years, nine children, 14 grandchildren. I think I got the best of that deal. I'm so very proud of you. love mom