Tuesday, March 8, 2011

8. A moment

A Moment.
Any Moment?
There are so many moments to choose from in life.....

I was still attending Eastern Arizona, sitting in institute when a thought came to mind, "I should move to Utah." ridiculous huh?! There was nothing for me in Utah. I didn't have any friends there, I couldn't go to school, I didn't have a job, none of my family was there. There was nothing for me in Utah. So I ignored it.

A few months later I had the same thought, "I should move to Utah." I gave it a little more thought this time. The summer was coming and it seemed like a grand idea to move there for the summer and see how it went. So I started looking for places to live, called a few places to ask them questions, started looking for a job. And them I chickened out. I wanted to badly to be around for Eastern Arizona's dance concert that they were supposed to have that October. So I stayed and planned on going back there after the summer.

I spent the summer with my family and it was wonderful. Then it was time for me to go back to school. I was leaving on Thursday and the Sunday before my mom suggested that I prayed about it once more before I leave. So I did, and I felt fine about it. Thursday I was packing my car to leave and every box I took out to my AWESOME '83 Volvo (man I miss that car) I would think "Don't move there." "You're gonna be miserable." "You should have listened and moved to Utah." It was awful. And the thoughts were right. It was the worst, most unproductive semester I ever had.

I decided at that point that there was probably more to this thought than just random thinking on my part. So I planned on moving to Utah and it worked out wonderfully. I was able to move in with Savanna because her roommate, Kortney, was getting married. I haven't been so happy than I have been here. I know that this is where I am supposed to be. At times when I doubt a little, I am reassured by a simple feeling or thought letting me know that I am where I am supposed to be, doing what I need to be doing. I love those moments. They are the best.

No comments: