Monday, March 7, 2011

7. My Best Friend

Best Friends. It's not something that I call everyone. Actually I call most people acquaintances. :) I have friends, people that come over and hang out for a while, but a best friend. They are something special and hard to come by in many cases. I have been fortunate to be blessed with several. Just being born into my family I was blessed with 5...

#1. My wonderful sisters. I think that I have been in a fight or argument with almost every one of them but that is what makes them great. We forgive each other and then we are good again. People say that you are always family but that does not mean that you are always friends. My sisters are people that I can turn to for anything. They are so smart and helping in every aspect of their lives. I will talk more about each of them with I talk about my siblings.


#2. My Current roommates. They are such good examples to me of spiritually strong women. They set such a high standard to live up to and they reach down and help me up to it. I think that that is an important attribute of a best friend. They will accept you for who you are but they expect the best out of you and will do anything they can to help you achieve that. I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to live and get to know them better. They have changed me for good.


#3. Amanda Howard. We met when I was 18 and she was 24. It was love at first sight... :) We were in the same english class and one day we decided to hang out. We realized that we had a lot in common and from their our friendship blossomed. While her and I did not get to spend a lot of time actually together, we didn't need that. Once we are together it's like we were never apart. I was the maid of honor at her wedding and now she has a little bun in the over. I'm so excited for her!!


#4. Emma Johnson. We hung out every day during high school. We had so much in common and yet so little. She is an amazing woman. Emma always knew where she was going in life, always had her head on straight but she was so HILARIOUS. We could talk for hours and still have everything to talk about. We got along so well. I miss this girl like crazy! She is also married.


And last but not least. #5. Alex Johnson. He was probably my closest best friend. He accepted me for everything that I fell short in. He loved me for all my faults and could see my potential. We fought more when we were apart than when we were together, mostly because of jealously. He was always there for him when I needed him and I tried my best to be there for him. I am afraid that I fell short on that also. We don't talk anymore but I still feel like he is one of my best friends, which is why i included him.

Thanks everyone for being such a fantastic friend. I hope that be the same for you.

No comments: